St. Johns Industrial Park – St. Johns, MI
St. Johns Industrial Park
The St. Johns Industrial Park (Park) measures nearly 220 acres with 17 current residents. The Park meets a high standard of quality characteristics and services including protective covenant requirements addressing zoning, land grading and site plan/plat approval. Highway and roadway access with all-weather roads to the Park and interior sites ensures convenient travel. Standards for compatible uses, types of building materials, landscaping, parking, storage, loading docks, continuous management, setback specifications and signage requirements ensure high standards are followed.
Currently the Park has parcels available starting at one acre for industry, warehousing, or office space which include the following:
- Water: 8-inch and 12-inch mains on interior streets, serviced by the City of St. Johns
- Sanitary Sewer: 8-inch mains on interior streets, serviced by the City of St. Johns
- Storm Drainage: 24-inch to 60-inch drains in interior streets, one detention basin to serve all parcels, serviced by the City of St. Johns
- Electric and Natural Gas: Available on interior streets, serviced by Consumers Energy Company (please see Energy Ready Overview on this website)
- Street Lights: Available on interior streets, serviced by Consumers Energy Company
- Telephone: Available from DayStarr Communications, Westphalia Broadband, Inc. (WBI), Charter Communications, and Frontier Communications
- TV: Available from WBI and New Look Computer & Data (DirecTV and Dish Network), and Charter Communications
- High Speed Fiber: Available from DayStarr Communications, WBI, and Frontier Communications
The staff of the Clinton County Catalyst and City of St. Johns will work with you to:
- Investigate all applicable State of Michigan and local incentive tools;
- Determine infrastructure improvements required for the project and funding options; and,
- Identify any workforce development training opportunities.
Location and Transportation Access
Highways: The St. Johns Industrial Park is within ¼ mile of US-127, which bisects Clinton County and travels from Grayling, MI to Chattanooga, TN. The US-27 Business loop is routed through St. Johns. US-127 connects to I-69 and I-96 approximately 15 miles south of the Park. I-69 travels east to provide direct access through Flint to Canada at the Blue Water Bridge, which connects Port Huron with Sarnia, Ontario. Bypassing Lansing on the north, I-69 continues toward Battle Creek and Fort Wayne, IN.
I-96 connects Grand Rapids and Muskegon to the West with Detroit eastward, provides direct access to I-75, one of the busiest Interstates in the US. The Park is approximately an hour west of I-275 which feeds into I-75 (Sault St. Marie, MI to Naples, FL) and connects with I-80 (New York to San Francisco) and I-90 (Boston to Seattle). M-21 is one mile south of the Park and runs from the east side of Grand Rapids to downtown Flint.
Park Access Roads & Conditions: The Parks is accessible via Walker Road and Business US-127. All season roads are within the Park.
Local Airport: Capital Region International Airport (CRIA) is 20 miles away in southwest Lansing. Port Lansing is an official US port of entry with United States Customs and Border Protection operations serving international passengers and freight coming through the Port. CRIA is also a Foreign Trade Zone.
- Topography: Gently rolling with 0.5% slope from SW to NE
- Soil: Loam-clay
- Present Use: Professional Offices, Engineering Functions, Manufacturing, Warehouse and Distribution, Fabrication and Recycling Facility
- Neighboring Uses: Residential, Commercial, Industrial and Municipal
- Combined Tax Rate: 51.91550 mill per thousand (2009)
- Workforce: The area can provide a trained workforce with both employers and job seekers assisted in their efforts by Capital Area Michigan Works!
- Avery Vision – Dr. Edward Peters, President & Owner; 989-224-3937
- DRB Trucking – Duane LaLone, Owner, 989-681-2483
- Hogan Dedicated Services – Scott Charter, Operations Supervisor; 989-227-5400
- Rampf – Michelle Gitchell, Operations Manager; 800-340-4653
- Journey Federal Credit Union – Patrick Hunt, CEO; 989-227-3723
- Martin-Brower Corporation – Tom Bates, General Manager; 989-227-3238
- Michigan Department of Health & Human Services – Jamie Lovelace, Director; 989-224-5503
- MWC (Michigan) LLC – David North, Site Manager; 505-629-7260
- Michigan Polymer Reclaim, Inc. – J. C. Stehlik, Owner; 989-227-1125
- Penske Truck Leasing & Service – 989-224-3977
- Proliant Dairy Ingredients – Juan Estrada, Plant Manager; 989-403-8107
- Quest Software – John Bowen, GM & Corporate Counsel; 989-224-6768
- Save-A-Lot Distribution Center – Adam Priest, Manager; 989-224-2500
- Schwan’s Frozen Foods – Carl Frohburg, Area Manager; 989-224-7872
- Spicer Group, Inc. – Shawn Middleton, Senior Project Manager; 989-224-2395
- St. Johns Chiropractic Clinic – Dr. Tyler Dickinson, Owner; 989-224-8228
- Unified Screening & Crushing – Chrell Hoffman, Operations Manager; 989-224-4430
Building For Sale
- 203 E. Tolles Road; please contact agent Dan Van Acker; 517-331-0675